Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thurs June 3 to Sunday June 6

Thursday I had a late start and went to the Bois de bologne. It is an enormous park in the east of Paris. I started at the bottom of it and walked up past this enormous lake that was picturesque with lots of trees and couples in row boats. Then I went on a long walk to find a garden in the park bagatelle which was amazing. I got lost on the way so it took about an hour walking through the woods and streets to get there (i told you this park was big). In the park bagatelle, which was big in its own right, there were peacocks and waterfalls and a rose garden and iris garden. I must have spent 2 or 3 hours there. Then I went to jardin du pre catalin which had one of the biggest trees in paris. there is also a small garden in the park that has different plants that can be seen in shakeaspere's plays, but there are only 2 hours per day that you can go in, so i missed it. In total I spent about 5 or 6 hours in the park and I was exhausted. After I left the park, I passed the Rolland Garros, which is the French tennis open. It was a relief when my friend Noelle called and invited me for a soda right near where I was.
Friday I spent most of the morning trying to move my stuff from Noelle's appartment to Javier's dorm room. When I finally got there, it was a gorgeous day and I wanted to get outside, so I met my friend Jacky from Binghamton and his friend Laura at Trocadero, right in front of the Eiffel Tower, to hang out and picnic. Laura has a cute dog too that we got to play with! After I met with Javier and one of his friends and we had burritos. I was supposed to meet people from work, but they ended up not getting together so I met my old friend Anna and 2 of her british friend for some drinks. Before I knew it it was already 9pm! I went to Noelle's to get ready and meet her new roommate Dave who's British. Then we met my friend Angela at the Seine since it was her last night in Paris before she went travelling around Europe with her sister.
Saturday it was crazy hot out. So me and Javier met up with Jacky and Laura and 2 of their friends for another picnic, this time in Park Monceau. This park was closer to the Arc du triomphe and had nice flowers and waterfalls. There were tons of people there trying to take advantage of the beautiful day. We just hung out in our bathingsuits and sunbathed for most of the day. By the end of the day I was so tired I didnt want to go out, so I went to Noelle's around 8pm to take a nap and then when I woke up she had pasta ready for me (best friend ever haha!)
Today I went to an exotic bird market that had zillions of birds as well as some small pets like kittens and bunnies. then I met Laura at her appt. and dropped off my backpack since I cant take it with me to Estonia and vienna. We watched the last match of the Rolland Garros to watch Nadal win. then I went to Noelle's since her friends boyfriend is a chef and he wanted to cook dinner for us. We had chicken and duck curry with rice. It was sooooooo good and we had so much fun.
I'm trying to upload more photos now, but it's taking a long time so I dont think it will work, so I'll let you know soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sucha a busy traveler!
    tell Trin we all say hi, i hope she remembers us. We all went skiing in Canada together.
    <3 Patti

    ReplyDelete