Friday, October 9, 2009

Oh, wow! This week went super fast... It'll be hard to remember all the way back to Mon., since I feel like I do so much...
Monday I had a short orientation class the morning. I found out that I did really well on my exam, and that I am advanced. After, we had a lunch break, and then we met at the hotel de ville (trans: town hall) and had a private tour which I really liked.
Tuesday I picked up my text books for my grammar class and then dragged my friends to see Cimitiere de Pere Lachaise. In that cemetery we saw the grave of Jim Morrison (from the Doors), Edith Piaf, Baron de Haussman, and a lot of Nazi camp memorials. Then I went to an OxfamFrance meeting, which I got lost trying to get to lol. When I got there, they did a presentation on the mission of Oxfam or something... The girl giving it must have been nervous, b/c she was talking really fast and I pretty much understood nothing... I wish they had meetings everyday, b/c it was really good for my French!
Wed, I had class in the morning until 10:30... then I had a mock interview (to practice for the interview I was going to have on Friday for an internship) in the evening.
Thurs, I didn't have class until 7pm, so I randomly decided to go to Versailles. I went to the gardens b/c they are free. At the tourist info place, the guy was like well the gardens are really aweful right now, and I was like no flowers or shrubbery?? He was like, no. So I went with low expectations. I don't think he has ever set foot in the gardens, b/c they were BEAUTIFUL! I didn't realize how big!!! As big as central park! (well, probably not as big, but close). It was a nice break...
Today I had my interview, it went well. I'm not sure what to do now, all my friends are sleeping and most have class 2-4 and its not yet 12 but its also a crummy day... maybe ill try and hit up a free museum???

4 comments:

  1. So you're spending a lot of money, huh? No big surprise there; Europe is really expensive! At least there's lots of free entertainment! Hope you're now settled in an adjusting well. Are you planning any weekend trips yet? Ryan as you probably know, went all over Europe this summer while interning in Strasbourg. You guys are really lucky?

    Any word about the Amazing Race? My favorite museum in Paris was Musee Dorsee (sp?). Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a full week! Congrats on doing well on your exam, but we already knew you were advanced :)
    Sending good luck vibes your way for the internship!
    Have a fun weekend~Patri`

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paris sounds wonderful. The way you describe everything is as if we are there. I'm so happy you are really enjoying yourself. Today Patti, Paul, Joe and I went to TOBAY. We had a good time. It warmed up nicely. Hope you get that job. Incase you are on skype, our skype name is pamjoe325. If we are on skype us and give us your skype name! Have fun!!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon Jour Mademoiselle! We need to organize the daily activities when Martha and I visit the week of Nov 8. on Veterans Day (Nov 11), the French president will be at the Arc de Triomphe.
    I hope Nice was fun!!
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete